A lot has changed since the Cruiser's beginning in 1987, but the one common denominator that still exists is all of our members have a deep love and respect for the automobile. We are a not for profit car club, and invite the owners of all makes, models, and types of automobiles to join our club.
The Curry County Cruisers car club has earned an excellent reputation in Curry County and surrounding counties as being a community orientated club. We have donated tens of thousands of dollars to local charities and other not for profit agencies within Curry County from the proceeds of our community car shows. Our main recipient for assistance is the Brookings Harbor Community Helpers Food Bank.
We are an active car club, hosting the following events:
- St. Patrick's Day Poker Run
- Azalea Festival Car Show on Memorial Day
- Teen Challenge (held in conjunction with the Annual Azalea Festival Car Show)
- Wednesday Night Cruise-In thru out the summer at Les Schwab Tire Center
- Cruise to the Coast held in mid July
Our club meetings are held on the second Sunday of each month at the Oceanside Diner in the Port of Brookings-Harbor. You come early for lunch at 1:00pm or for the meeting only which begins at 1:45pm. Visitors are always welcome to attend our meetings.
As a club member, you can get discounts on many products often ranging from 10% and up at the following businesses: Always check discount amounts prior to purchasing.
- NAPA Auto Parts, Brookings, OR.
- Radio Shack Brookings (check discount amount prior to purchasing)
- Dan's Car Quest, Brookings
- Baxter Auto Parts, Crescent City, CA.
- O'Reilly's Auto Parts, Brookings
- Quality Fast Lube & Oil, Brookings ($5.00 off on oil change)
Our dues are $25.00 per year (per family) payable each January.
You do not need to own a classic car or truck to join our club. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Curry County Cruisers, give us a call at 541-813-1214, or email us by clicking HERE.
Events and special notices are posted on our website at www.currycountycruisers.com and also on Facebook.
Current Club Officers are:
President: Jim Haggerty 541-813-1214
Vice President: John Cary 541-661-9906
Treasurer: Susan Rhoads 541-469-7716
Secretary: Tina Lake 541-813-1617
Webmaster: Jim Haggerty 541-813-1214
Facebook: Patsy Haggerty 541-813-1214