A lot has changed since the Cruiser's beginning in 1987, but the one common denominator that still exists is all of our members have a deep love and respect for the automobile. We are a not for profit car club, and invite the owners of all makes, models, and types of automobiles to join our club.
The Curry County Cruisers car club has earned an excellent reputation in Curry County and surrounding counties as being a community orientated club. We have donated tens of thousands of dollars to local charities and other not for profit agencies within Curry County from the proceeds of our community car shows. Our main recipient for assistance is the Brookings Harbor Community Helpers Food Bank.
We are an active car club, hosting the following events and activities in 2015:
We sponsored the following Car Shows and Show-n-Shines:
- The Poker Run on Saturday March 12
- The Annual Azalea Festival Car Show
- The Teen Challenge event at the Azalea Festival Car Show
- The weekly Cruise In from May thru September at Les Schwab in Brookings or Misty Mountain Brewing and Tap Haus in Harbor.
- The Concert in the Park Show –N-Shine at the “Hot Rods” concert
- The Cruise In at the 9th Annual Brew and Art Fest in Gold Beach
- The Show-n-Shine at the annual Winchuck Fire Department BBQ Fund Raiser
- The Show-N-Shine at the Sea View Senior Center
We volunteered and will help host the following events:
- The annual MDA Car Show held in Smith River on Labor Day
- We participate with the Adopt a Highway program and clean a 2.4 mile section of Highway 101 north of Brookings.
- We will volunteer again to help put up lights at the Natures Coastal Holiday event
- We will have a lighted display at the Natures Coastal Holiday event
As a club member, you can get discounts on many products often ranging from 10% and up at the following businesses: Always check discount amounts prior to purchasing.
- NAPA Auto Parts, Brookings, OR.
- Dan's Car Quest, Brookings
- Baxter Auto Parts, Crescent City, CA.
- O'Reilly's Auto Parts, Brookings
Our dues are $25.00 per year (per family) payable each January.
Events and special notices are posted on our website at www.currycountycruisers.com and also on Facebook.
Current Club Officers are:
President: Jim Haggerty 541-813-1214
Vice President: John Cary 541-661-9906
Secretary: Tina Lake 541-813-1617
Facebook: Patsy Haggerty 541-813-1214